South Side of Chicago

Don't look away, I am commanding your attention. Just prove what I say, and get rid of your damnation. Let your judgements go. Inhibition's alive. Let them fall like waste by the waste side. Don't cha know. We could do it all night here up on the south side.  The south side of Chi. I'm not that guy who is shy and weak. Who will tremble and fall right up at your feet. Tru another time. On the south side of Chi. Restless soul who never compete. There is no need to relent over their weakness. I know a many person. Perfect guys. And ladies, too. That wanna try. Is there such a thing as perfect? Oh no there isn't at all. But I might wanna try. On the streets of the south side,
I stand before you with pride.
Don't look away, I command,
For it's time to take a stand.
Prove what I say, let go of your fear,
It's time to make those judgments disappear.
Inhibition, let it die,
No longer shall its chains tie.
Let it fall like waste by the wayside,
For tonight, we'll let our spirits ride.
Up on the south side of Chi,
Where we can be wild and free.
I'm not the shy and weak kind,
But a force to be reckoned, you'll find.
I won't tremble at your feet,
For I am here to take a seat.
A restless soul, always on the move,
But never one to compete or prove.
There's no need to relent,
Over the weaknesses we invent.
You see, I know many a person,
Perfect guys and ladies, it's certain.
But is there such a thing as perfect?
Oh no, there isn't, I'll reject it.
But that won't stop me from trying,
On the streets of the south side, I'll be flying.
So don't look away, I am commanding your attention,
For tonight, we'll rid ourselves of all damnation.
We'll dance and sing, and let our spirits soar,
On the south side of Chi, let's explore.
No longer bound by society's rules,
We'll be free, just us, no fools.
So let your inhibitions die,
As we reach for the midnight sky.
We'll do it all night, here on the south side,
Where anything is possible, let's take this ride.

Popular Posts