I'll prove myself to you

It's quite simple, I do believe in you.
Can you please help me from being misunderstood, Oh Lord!?! I overheard
the temperature down below is scorching, and I wouldn't want to be burned. Once bitten and I'm shy. I'd rather read a book and wipe the tear drops from my eye. You don't need to help me just lead the way and be my guide. I don't know what more I can do to prove myself to you. I'm trying to prove myself to you. It's quite simple, I do believe in you
With every ounce of my being, it's true
But sometimes I feel so misunderstood
Lost in a world that's not always good
Oh Lord, I hear the whispers and the lies
The scorching heat of hatred and demise
I don't want to be caught in its flames
For once burned, I'll never be the same
I'd rather escape to a world of my own
Where I can hide and feel all alone
But I know deep down, that's not the way
To truly live and find my own way
So I turn to you, my guiding light
In the darkness, you are my sight
You don't need to rescue me, I know
Just show me the path, and I'll follow
I'll pick up the pieces, and I'll try
To prove myself to you, beyond the sky
But sometimes it feels like it's not enough
And I wonder, will you ever see my worth?
But then I remember, you know my heart
You've been with me from the very start
And I trust that you see through it all
Every stumble, every rise, every fall
So I'll keep trying, to show you I'm true
For it's quite simple, I do believe in you
And with your love and grace, I'll make it through. No longer misunderstood, I'll shine bright and true.


Popular Posts