Sorry

 
Hey, you're waiting for me?! 
I can feel your eyes on me 
Accusing, judging, waiting 
For an apology, a plea 
I know I should say sorry 
For the pain I caused 
But it's hard to find the words 
To heal the wounds I've caused 
My mind is a maze 
Of guilt and shame 
I'm searching for the courage 
To shoulder the blame 
But you can have my  unfinished sympathy 
It's all I have to give 
A broken, unfinished piece 
Of the life I used to live 
Something like a sonnet 
A symphony of glee or passio  
But now it's just a memory 
Of phallic proportions 
I see your destination 
Of humiliation and patience 
You're holding onto anger 
But it's just a fleeting sensation 
Patience is a virtue 
And I know it's true 
But it's the only thing about you 
I can't seem to apologize to 
I feel it in my bones 
This guilt that eats away 
But still, I can't find the words 
To kneel and weep and say 
Off you go, empty-handed foe 
And I grieve for you as well 
You should be sorry too 
For our love that fell 
So hey, you're waiting for me?! 
I wish I could just turn back time 
But all I have is this apology 
Written in this simple rhyme....
Perhaps you'll get one in time....
Hey, you're waiting for me!?!
Got to get inside of my used brain.
To summon the nerve to apologize for every thing.
You can have my unfinished sympathy. It's like a sonnet and symphony of phallic proportions.
And your destination of humiliation and patience. 
It is a virtue. It a virtue, it is true. The only thing about you. 
I can't seem to apologize to you but I feel it.
I feel sorry can't bring myself to kneel and weep. 
Then off you go empty handed foe and your grieving as well.
You should be sorry too.

Popular Posts