Oh Lord, Jesus Christ, Oh Lord!

Oh Lord, Jesus Christ, Oh Lord,
My heart is heavy, my soul is torn
In this chaotic world, I feel so lost
But in your presence, I am reborn
I long for more time with you
To bask in your love and grace
To be surrounded by your light
And find solace in this holy space
Oh Lord, Jesus Christ, Oh Lord,
I yearn for your gentle touch
To ease the burdens on my shoulders
And heal the wounds that hurt so much
In your arms, I find true peace
And all my worries fade away
For you are my rock, my refuge
In you, I find strength each day
Oh Lord, Jesus Christ, Oh Lord,
Take me away from this world of pain
To a place of eternal peace
Where I can forever remain
Forgive me for my cowardly plea
For begging for a life of ease
But I am only human, dear Lord
And I need your grace to find release
I long to walk by your side
And do the dutiful work of your father
For in your footsteps, I find purpose
And my heart becomes lighter
Oh Lord, Jesus Christ, Oh Lord,
Take me to where I belong
In the fiery pits of hell
Where I can sing your praises in eternal song
For even in the depths of darkness
Your light shines bright and true
And I know that with you, dear Lord
I have nothing to fear, nothing to rue
So please, oh Lord, give me peace
In this troubled world, I can't take much more
Fill my heart with your love and grace
And guide me to your heavenly shore
Take me up to heaven
Where I can rejoice,
I'm near my beloved and this time 
we have choices and joy
Oh Lord, Jesus Christ, Oh Lord,
I surrender myself to your will
For in your hands lies my salvation
And with you, I am destined to fulfill. 

Popular Posts