Be careful

Be careful with my heart, dear one
For it's fragile and easily undone
Don't take my love for granted
For it's a precious gift, so enchanted
I may seem strong, but inside I'm weak
One wrong move and I could break
I've been hurt before, my scars run deep
So please, be gentle and don't make me weep
Sometimes, I can lose my mind
Playing games, just to pass the time
But in your arms, I find peace
A love like this, I never want to cease
I'm grateful that you're not like the rest
You're understanding, you always do your best
You see through my flaws, and love me still
For that, my heart will forever thrill
But know that love can be fleeting
One moment we're happy, the next, we're bleeding
Things could change, and we'll never know
So cherish every moment, and never let go
Be careful with my heart, oh my dear
For without your love, I'll surely disappear
So hold me close, and never let me stray
For with you by my side, I'll find my way
This love we have is a delicate art
But with caution and care, it will never depart
So be careful with my heart, my love
For it belongs to you, and you alone, above all else.

Popular Posts