WE WALK

In this world full of pain and life
I walk with a heart of stone
For too many times I've been hurt
And I can't bear to feel alone
It's easier to be tough and cold
Than to let my emotions show
I've built a fortress around my heart
So no one can ever know
But I wonder, will it ever heal
When I am old and grey
Or will it remain forever frozen
In the same unyielding way
Tricks and lies, they come and go
But my heart remains unmoved
For I have learned to be cautious
And not easily be fooled
Others may try to understand
But they can't walk in my shoes
They can't feel the weight of my pain
Or the scars I constantly choose to scratch and pick at
So what's the use of using my stone heart
To defuse a situation
When it's still unbroken and whole
And not a million pieces of frustration
My stone cold heart may seem unfeeling
But it's my shield, my armor, my shield
For in this cruel and heartless world
I must protect what's still pure and real
So I'll keep my heart of stone
For as long as I can bear
For in this life, it's better to be tough
Than to be broken beyond repair 
And if it occurs to you where you are broken.
All you need is glue to put the pieces back together. All you need is to let go of the fuel that leads you to devastation. We all walk with pain. And in this life there will be some kind of rain.

Popular Posts