Unapologetically Me

I find this perplexing.
Can you make it more challenging?
I find myself electing to speak my mind;
unapologetically. I won't stop for you.
You are too demanding. 
Attention seeking for few.
I'm unrelenting, unapologetically.......
In a world so complex, I find this perplexing
Where opinions and thoughts are constantly flexing
I'm told to stay silent, to blend into the crowd
But I refuse to conform, I'll speak out loud
Unapologetically, I'll say what's on my mind
For my thoughts are unique, one of a kind
I won't stop for you, or anyone else
For my voice is my power, my innermost self
You demand my silence, but I won't comply
For my words are my truth, I won't let them die
Your attention-seeking ways, they don't bother me
For I am unrelenting, free and unapologetically me
I won't sugarcoat, or water down my thoughts
For they are my essence, my battles fought
I won't be tamed, or silenced by your fears
For I am a rebel, my words are my spears
Perplexing it may be, for you to understand
But I won't conform, I'll take a stand
For in this world, where voices are suppressed
I choose to be fearless, and unapologetically express.
So let the challenge be, for me to be me
In a society that demands conformity
For I'll rise above, and break free from the norm
For I am unapologetically, my own storm.

Popular Posts