Tomorrow and Now

If tomorrow was the day of judgement,
I'd ask for more time on this earth.
For it's a heaven of sorts,
But I'd rather stay in this world.
I'd beg to be with my Grandmother Eleni,
To hear her soothing voice once more.
And to my dear Grandfather Ted,
I'd ask for tales of Kolokotroni's lore.
With my Grandmother Ioanna,
I'd make a pot of coffee in her kitchen.
And with my Grandfather Panagiotis,
I'd play with his cane, a cherished possession.
But if the Lord asked of my life's deeds,
I'd proudly say I spent it with Him.
Never far from His loving presence,

For I knew He loved me, my every whim.
From my parents, George and Stavroula,
To my brother, Ted and His laws we abide.
For they guide us, but we still needed to find
Our own path, with His love as our guide.
I've shown mercy to even the monsters,
And begged for His mercy, for I am gay.
But in His eyes, we are all His children,
And He loves us, no matter what anyone may say.
So if tomorrow was the day of judgement,
I'd ask to spend it with my loved ones.
For in this world, I've found heaven,
For in their love, His blessings truly come.
This is the bond of family,
That even death cannot break.
And in their love, I've found salvation,
For it's a love that no one can take.
So though tomorrow may be the day of judgement,
I'll be surrounded by the ones I hold dear.
And in their love, I'll find eternal peace,
For it's a love that will always be near.
In this poem, I've poured my heart out,
For this is my truth, my story.
A story of love, acceptance, and faith,
For in Him, I've found my glory.
Forget about tomorrow, Judgement day 
Is right now. For we live in a society that never asks about your feelings or why, what, and how.

Popular Posts