The bath

In the midst of chaos and strife
My soul was tainted, my heart was rife
But then I felt the water's embrace
A tranquil moment, a saving grace
Translucent, shimmering, iridescent
It pulled me in, it was so effervescent as 
With every drop, my burden became light
Washing away my sins, my wrongs, my fight
Like a wave, it enveloped me
This liquid purity, so clear to see
And as it flowed over my skin
I could feel the healing begin
Filmy bubbles danced around
A symbol of my old self, now drowned
Glistening in the water's glow
I let my pain and guilt just go
For a moment, I forgot my past
As the water's magic, in me it cast
And in that moment, I was free
From all the darkness that consumed me
I could have left you standing there
With all my faults, so bare
But the water showed me a new way
A path towards a brighter day
So I emerge from the depths below
A new spirit, a new soul
And as I stand where you once stood
I'm grateful for this cleansing flood
For the translucent, shimmering, iridescent water
Has washed away my sins and filth, no longer
And I'll carry this feeling, wherever I go
For it's the water that has made me whole.

Popular Posts