That's who I am

My inadequacy as a person prevents me from saying the truth about my careless foolish blues, and truth is the more I care less
about it and my needs. I feel really free and ready to rock. I feel it deep down in my soul.
I must let it go. I let go of selfish whimsy.
I let go of the egotistical and religious roots.
I am ready to rock. I obey the law of cause and effect and damn....That's who I am. 
I am less emotional. I'm more calm and steady and hopeful when it's hopeless.
That's who I am. I am ready to rock.
I am vain, and certainly I have many a flaw.
Behind my pretty pictures. And filters.
I can't hinge that off of the wall. I can't deny my Christ or prophets for what they mean to you. I can supply the drug that I'm most needing to use. I am ready to rock.
I am ready to rock. I AM READY TO ROCK...

Popular Posts