What happened to me

May my bones turn to dust....
May my hair turn to waves...
And form a river....
May my feet that bother me.....
Turn to prints on the dirt....
And cleverly; my arms turn to a church....
May you visit my tombstone and weep...
At the sight of my name etched in stone...
May the date of November twenty-fifth, 
And August fifteenth make you ponder...
What happened to me.....
That is all I am saying.....
I'm not alone.....
There are many who feel the same...
What happened to me will be written,
All over your brain.....
Say your prayers at night....
Light a candle in the dark...
Express what you feel inside...
And maybe you will follow your heart....
And maybe just in time....
You will be the same....
Maybe they don't know your right....
The thing to do is only pray....
That is all I'm trying to say...
There are many who work hard....
For the status and acclaim. ...
For my heart and my arms will be the church
For you to only claim as home away
From home from the hatred that is on display
In the world today.



Popular Posts