The Artist's Prayer

I just tell myself one day it will be okay.
I just tell myself one day we won't be afraid.
I just tell myself one day we will sing His praises.. I just tell myself fear go away.
Now its time to shine. Pain go away.
How and reason why are not to contemplate.
The only reason why is to create a better world with us in it. One day we will be gone.
This love affair with mediocrity is gone, gone, gone. Let them bow at your feet. Let them cast you in marble. Let them marvel faithfully.
Let them get agitated for a while. They'll see.
Eventually! I don't look. I don't search. I don't find. I don't worship the devil. There's no dark places inside. I imagine a world better for you and me. I imagine a world of unity. This the artist's prayer. This is the hardest prayer. Come to me peacefully. I don't care what it means ( to you ).

Popular Posts