Never thought

Never thought I need a friend
Never be alone again
I will be there
Thought it was just pretend 
My will perserveres
Not that you are just a friend
I told you years ago
That I only wish you the best
And I don't expect nothing in return from you.
I eased your mind 
And made it easy for you
If my name was Benjamin 
You would care for me
Frankly I don't give a damn
It's not easy to merely be me
But no risk
No glory
I will succeed 
You won't succeed in hanging clouds over me.
Back in time on the rooftop
And a guitar pick for a while
I revealed my heart to you
And we'd sit for a while
There are other guys for me to see
And now you must go peacefully 
I've spent so much time on you
And now I don't wish I was dead
There is a certainty to my words
This is plain to see
You can't expect me to sit still
That is just absurd.
And I don't need your words
I've been so patient
I've been ever waiting
Contemplating your every action
My soul's reaction is to just reject everybody
Maybe it's withdrawl
Maybe depression or my faith in me
A butterfly came to see me
And you can leave.
Never thought I need a friend
Never be alone again
I will be there
Thought it was just pretend 
My will perserveres.

Popular Posts