The pursuit of truth

In the mire of foolishness on earth,
Seeking truth; abandoning youth.
As death is eminent,
I have have walked in on a labyrinth.
I have walked a long small dark path,
As I look above the stars shine, 
In the far away sky- they twinkle
The more I seek truth the further away
Seems the starlight.
And at last; I seem to have found an exit,
Perplexing as it was to journey to enter.
The pitiful excuse it was to hear the truth.
As pity fell upon me like amber to a fire 
And existence of truth is vital to my very need.
To coexist with these monsters I call
My "family"- as a children of God sense.
Like brothers and sisters not necessarily; 
My immediate one. For poor is the man, whose pleasures depend on another. 
And darkness snuffed out starlight;
On this planet as I reach the end of this maze.
Earth has not reached its end of its days,
And clarity is needed- the older we get- to be as one.



Popular Posts