Insane World

In this mad, mad world,
I have felt clarity wash over me like water;
At the communal christening- baptism fountain, I have felt so lonely... I've almost lost my mind; so many countless times... I pull my head up through water; As I swim the sea,
And I see you staring back at me. I see the children in poverty straving for a meal, and aide to treat them. I see the elderly and professionals weep. I see the teachers and preachers flying through the sky on a cross reflecting me. I'd rather burn than meet them.
It reminds me of all the violence on the streets. As the gospel said to me and the prophet opened up my socket and set me free. The lady next door said to me, " Keep this up you'll die before your time."  So, I asked to use her cell phone and gave her a dime. 
Oh, the insanity! I would rather just be me...
Then I was robbed by two handsome gents,
Their skincolor is no indication of being suspect. And in retrospect they were white.
And it's barely relevant. They flirted with me- 
To see what they could get from me......
The ground gave way beneath my feet, and 
The ocean floor throbbed. I'm sinking like a ship. I'm no longer swimming. I'm in my tomb, my shallow grave; underneath deep sea.
I can call out for help, but you always pestering me. I'd rather be myself eccentric and eclectic than trade it in for notoriety. We live in an insane world and I may not be the cradle of sanity. But atleast I am being me.

Popular Posts