Pursuit of Integrity

The relentless pursuit of artistic integrity
Brings us against the disquieting fact
That truth, in art as is in life, is ever elusive painful and never inert. Here is where the problem lies. To be an artist you must be able to find peace but create chaos.
You must praise someone like God himself
As if there is no God. And then upon your own ruin rediscover that God and put your soul on the line. To aquire fame is irrelevant because each little story or snapshot exists merely to en trance, or seduce it's patron or viewer. It's a glorified peepshow. A fashion show. Much like church nowadays. And art is its own religion. I won't sell my soul. Or give up on my Orthodox Christian views roots and education to have success. Not will I sell my culture like red hots at the theater. 
I have my dignity.

Popular Posts