Water

Water 
Fresh or salted
Longing to feel it
On my skin
I have already repented
For all of sins
Like a fish 
Out of water
I'm flopping about
Now the question is:
When will I swim?
I got my trunks and how
I'm ready for a dive
I'm ready for some mild heat
I need to save my money
And get off of the street
And this is my only dilemma
Believe it or not 
This is the only dire thing
That weighs heavy on my heart 
Don't know how strange 
It is for you 
You can call me poor
But all of us need water daily
And I've grown weary
Of all my chores
I need to take a dip
And bathe and have a little drink
You do too
But you think I am weak
That's not true 
Because I've remained hopeful
For freedom 
My faith
My independence
My way of life 
And how I'm living
I don't expect a reward
I'm humble 
And the fact that I want to swim
I'm remaining resilient
Wouldn't it be perfect 
If all we did was swim have water to drink
And cook and clean
Ran laps around the track
And rest and read books and stream film
And I'm serious, seriously
We need to change our outlook
Permanently 

Popular Posts