The Metamorphosis of Narcissus

We are standing in front of a stream 
Where I see my clear reflection
The flower blooms beautifully
Just like my companion
He writes an ode to me
And sculpts miniature butterflies
Can be easily for me to manipulate n teach
my beloved to pamper me with other gifts
I revel in what I see naturally 
But right now I gaze upon my reflection
If I where to lose my companion
I would be without a thing- no home
No trinckets no presents
Where if I don't change it is here 
You will find me most of the time
Stareing at my reflection
As his tired of me self presents itself
And I realize another one bites the dust
I imagine a symphony, a fruity melody
And the one of impending doom
For my companion had enough 
Of what he could consume
My self indulgence and vain ways
I say, "I don't need you!"
For I am a singular island in the stream
And this is the problem with me
I have always pushed people away
Far before they know me or understand
The reward of marveling at myself
And I only have myself to blame
Me and my companion will never be
The same way again
I lost another lover
For the record it's in the hundreds
And now it is me trying to find Clearwater
To see my muse
And for some reason it does matter
I can't see myself anymore
For the person I see in the water is not
there for me to view
A borderline sociopath
That only thing I do what suits fools
I stare at my image
And really I am confused
I see a stranger in the mirror
And now Narcissus has over ruled.

Popular Posts