Better

I must try to be a good person
I must try to climb the tree of life
I must try to be a better person
Than I once was-
Honestly, I've made no sacrifice
Then was selfishly I became reclusive
And I prayed day and night
He has healed me for higher purpose
But honestly I've made no sacrifice
What will I give to him?
My prayers
My tears
And my bloodshed
What will I give to him?
My loyalty
My faith
My pain
My corruption
What will I present to him before my final hour?
I suppose I could draw him a flower
But he might laugh at it 
He has the power to sentence me back to hell!
What will I do to be a good person?
To make him proud of me 
No one exactly tells you....
To be honest I feel insignificant
So this is why I create 
To pollinate the world 
With thoughts and ideas
Maybe they can relate


Popular Posts