Autumn run

I'm not sure which way I'll go
Depends on whether the weather
Blows me in a direction 
Of solitude or comfort 
Or uncomfortable silence
And from now on I'll know
Which direction I'll go
The flowers bend
The leaves curdle
The pumpkins sinfully smile
And to another's comfort level
It's ordinary - extraordinary comfort
Spices of cinnamon and nutmeg
And whipped cream 
On October thirty -first 
We all do scream
It's coming soon
It will be Halloween
And from that day I'll know
Which direction in November 
I will go...I'll scream in delight
I'll eat a pumpkin pie with whip cream
Or nestle with my coffee
Fallen maple latte
I will overdose on caffeine
And few cigarettes
Or I will quit
I'll be few days past October thirty -first
I'll be few days past Halloween
I will be closer to my birthday the 25th
Of November
And this year a day before Thanksgiving
Run slow or go very fast
I'll find my direction this Autumn
And near winter
I'll swim in the summer to out last
The pounds I gained at dinner
I'll find my direction
I'll find satisfaction at last 

Popular Posts