The Rapture

I'm a fire sign πŸ’₯
A Sagittarius 🏹 
I need to be calm 
Like water or air πŸŒŠπŸ’¨
Or earth 🌎🌍
But they too can be tumultuous
And I am daring and adventurous
But sensitive and overemotional
I must learn to dull my senses
And shut my body down
Control my mind 
And awaken my spirit
And learn to offer of my true self
That of a kind sweet natured boy
That likes everything and everyone
And not fight with my ego
I must delay my pleasure
And not only self gratify myself
I must control my ego and attitude
And learn my opinion and statements
Are not more important than anyone's
I say this humbly I only respond coyly
Because someone one day may have
A voice that echoes and booms
Over crowds and they hopefully 
Will be able to change the world 
With their voice
Forgive me for using mine
As I try to understand
The human experience
I must learn to let go 
Of my tragic sense of irony and pain
My humor and not believe in coincidence
Because we all suffer the same
I must learn discipline
Respect and life lessons
That is the school 
Of a hard knocked life
And maybe my sweetness 
Will ultimately suffice
Perhaps the tears of the holy
And the blood of Christ
With the holy water and oil
Will be enough food for me
I must try a clean diet
Andithero and confession
And repenting for my sins
And prayer and meditation
And yoga and excersize
And the holy ghost within
Will catapult me to the heavens
There is no promise 
For such a reward
But I only hope Jesus loves me
As I have only him to adore
This is the rapture of my soul
And I'm learning to let go of poison
I must challenge myself
And give up on men and boys 
Then I will offer myself to God
I will feel ecstasy profound
Maybe I will be spared or found
Or enlightened somehow
I must learn to let go
Because my future depends on 
My spiritual awakening 
And not my ego

Popular Posts