The competition has nothing on me

Discovery of sexuality and safety
In self belief has me pondering
What has it been like for me
I contemplate but I find no relief
Because you can't be overtly masculine
Because you can't be overtly feminine
In this day and age
It's perfectly fine to be gay
As long as you are not sexy
And you own your sexy
You cause others a lot of grief
But that is my cross to bear
I bear it with rose branches with thorns
Like a lover without scorn
A petal that is torn
Is how you made me feel
And believe to me 
That is what felt like the end of my world
But you reveal your ass 
Because it is now chic
To me there are no rules
I perfectly reflect happiness
And harness a power 
Your Majesty
You didn't kill me 
You made me stronger
I thank you
I am now not wounded
I am now complete
I can compete
But dare I say once more
If you share your fantasies
And hopes and dreams
Make them personal
You will be punished
And hung upside down 
From your feet
And as the blood rushes
Through every vein
To my brain
I feel complete
The competition has nothing on me
My muse is Madonna
My sister in name 
And exploring life and fantasy
We were both raped and bullied
And persecuted with outrageous names
Awww magnifique
How tragic the world we live in is today
The blood's rushing from my feet
The competition has nothing on me!



Popular Posts