I have sunshine in my pocket

I have sunshine in my pocket
Rainbows near my feet
I do a two step and pop and lock it 
I wish for Michael in my speaker
Instead I'm playing Stevie
Songs in the key of life
Pat McGrath on my lips
And the scent of Eau Savauge
On my skin
And my arm pit sticks to my shirt
I want to bathe and I can't help it
Bubbles and bubbly in the shower stall
And toilet cover's up
The feeling can't be beat
I take a piss and release my sugar
Diabetes is a bitch
Trust, you can believe me
But oh how I wish for Michael 
To be playing on the radio
I would hardly speak
I'm breathless because 
'The way you make me feel' came on
And now I'm moving my feet..
I have sunshine in my pocket
And there's no stopping me
My heart goes a flutter
Like a butterfly
Popcorn with butter
And milkshakes
French fries and burgers
I seem to surprise myself
I can't catch up to my feelings
My heart is overwhelmed
Give me some music I say to the DJ
MTV played videos on replay
Give me my Mikey
I need to release
Give me the jams I grew up with
So I feel air under my feet
I fly so high on the dancefloor
And sunshine is pouring all over it
We can dance till there's sunlight
We can dance under moonlight 
Or candlelit scenes
We can dance to the rhythm 
And to the beat
I got sunshine and sweat all over me
I got sunshine 
And I need my Mikey
We all feel the sunshine and a release! 
The feeling can't be beat!

Popular Posts