Momma

I think I'll go for a walk outside
I've been stuck for a while inside
The sun seems to be calling my name
I'm happy
I chased the rain away
I blink and the clouds shift
I feel a sinking feeling
Much to my surprise
There you are
Love in those healing eyes

Momma, won't you come and stay
Momma, won't you kiss the blues away
Momma, you are weary but hopeful
Momma, you are ever outspoken

Momma -
your heart should never be broken 

You are like the sun light in a garden full of darkness.... You raise every flower
And you are so lush and you do it with grace every time I see the sunshine I see the smile on your face....

Momma, Why are you lonely?
Momma, Why do you console me?
Momma, What's wrong with your face?
I guess you have been losing some weight.

You worry so
You tend to so much
You cry even more
You hold on to so much burden

Momma-
The beauty of your face is in the sun shining and beating down on the smile on our faces.

Popular Posts