Stranger Things

I can see why you think I'm strange
I don't want to want you like a fool
But I obviously want to give you my love
My everything
I just don't want to go back to school
And learn how to sit up proper
And hold a pencil
And my mannerisms can be quite odd
But I have an affinity for my quirks
And the stuff I'm working on 
I can see why you think I'm strange
I don't want to want you like a fool
There is no excuse for my behavior
I used to think that I was enough
But I'm starting to think that you want candy coated things wrapped in sugar 
And bows and pearls and ice-
The finer things
To me 
Are the things that only life can bring 
Stranger things are the only things 
That can be the proof of the sunlight 
That exists in the darkest mind
The only proof of the sunshine 
That exists in the blackest mine
The only light to guide your way 
To the tunnel
To me stranger things are the finer things

Popular Posts