New Attitude

Instead of talking about my sorrow overwhelming me, or playing victim.
Or how thought of suicide recently.
Or how unfair I have been treated.
I will focus on good things.
Like fireflies that sparkle by trees at the park. And hummingbirds that visit my mother's flowers. And butterflies.
Good times with family and good talks with friends and cousins. I will be okay.
I still have my faith in the Almighty, God.
God made us all who we are and we are all God's creation. Everything and everyone is.
I'm not gonna waste my time on bitterness any longer and I will try to not become melancholy and bittersweet. I would prefer just sweet. Some sweetness. Like that of a strawberry or fig or tip of teaspoon of sugar in black coffee. I will achieve this feat. I will stun and mystify my clumsy, angry former me. I will change. But I will also pray for myself and my enemies. For they are God's creation as well. If I want mercy. I must show mercy. If I want forgiveness. I must show forgiveness. I want others to change. I must change.
I've grown weary and tired but I will do this yet again. Because as I loose my faith in people something comes along and restores my faith in humanity. I will try my best. I don't have a manifesto. I only go by God's word in the bible. And if those words mean anything to you and you say them at any time and before you go to bed and wake up. Or you feel or you have felt similar. You can say Amen.

Popular Posts