The wishy washy restless beat

It comes over me so creepily
The wishy washy restless beat
The only thing is I have been through torture.....
This beat reminds me....
What if I said I'd change to the music
What if I put my needs and wants to the back burner....
I've been burned by fire once before...
It's has scolded me and scalded me
This wishy washy beat...
Now, as I am an old man
I have reservations about youth culture
And it's not what it used to be
It's not the same as it was
The freedom we felt in our youth 
Came from our actions
And now it's all sensitivity
We should be sensitive but gimme a break
Since when does morning sickness
Must go by another name
While people playing the blame game
Over things that may have happened forty years ago.....
And trust me I will not follow the current
Mass media divide of wishy washy- ness...
I have one of my own...
This restless beat...
Oh...
Mmmm
... Yeah oh 
Yeah yeah 
This wishy washy restless beat 
Inside of me
This wishy washy restless beat
Takes control of me
This wishy washy beat

Popular Posts