I wake up with the sun

I wake up with the sun 
The sun I'm not I know
The moon took me to yesterday
The future is bumpy I know
The only better heart is my mother's 
The son I'm not I know 
It's the only better heart 
I can truly tell you this 
Than the heart I possess
My own
I wake up with the sun
I wake up at the crack of dawn
I wake up with the family I know
What's in store for us 
I have a good feeling
The move will be successful
I know
I will be victorious
In the end
I'll turn my tears to a masterpiece
I wear it like armor 
I won't be a rotten onery fool
My optimism will propel me 
To find my inspiration 
To the good days of New York travels
Street corner persperation 
I wake up with the sun
I will find my calling
My calling card 
I'll leave behind my legacy
If I'm fortunate to have my way
I'll wake with the sun one more day
I'll wake up with the sun today
Tomorrow and a few more days
I'll be in New York
Sipping lemonade
I'll travel to Greece 
And look at the ruins
My mom's childhood home 
Only if God is moved to do it for me
I'll wake up with the sun
I'll wake up with the sun 

Popular Posts