Twinkies and Ho-hos

When it's grey-blue and black- Windy sky
And seemingly sweet and pink and lush-
I guess that I will decide to have your back Beyond my usual mush- When it's misery And cold rain showers- Too long- I do believe- You got the best of me- And T.V. is static & the light go off- And teeth chatter-
And fall out of pearly glistening mouths-
Bubble chewing gum with just our gums- 
We will exercise our demons- We may feel numb- From the dumbying decay, But that's ok...And a wish- Like moths to a flame- We do get burned by desire- And while through the mire of the working day- We long to play a song on the way home- It's nature today-  Discipline for the disciples carried them off to the promised land and I guess I'm telling you: Let us just grow old- Let us see what will be- Let's just be with each other-Let's just hold on to each other- Let's fortunes collapse- Let us have our blanket and our pillows- Our candles and our Twinkies- And our Ho-hos- And let us see how long we last - When it's dark and blithering cold outside- When it grey-blue and black...I have your back!



Popular Posts