Shadows Cast

Shadows cast and moonlight sparkling/
Overhead and on the floor/ As we dance/
The rumba/ Perhaps this glance/ In your eyes/ Means the glass is half full/ In other words you speak the language of love/ So fluently/ So brilliantly - it makes my humble eyes weep/ As you lay here with me/ Doing much of nothing/ In the dark/ As lights flicker/ On the wall/ As the cigarette smoke/ Trails over our heads/ While we lay in bed/ and (the) shadows cast...So serene/ So Innocently... The shadows cast./ Wonder why and if it was all worth it/ Is it better the devil you know or prefer (it) / I need to leave after midnight/ I travel with burden/ So heavily/ So we all have cross to bare/ And I can not bare I'm only a witness/ I dreamt of grander things/ And the shadows cast/ Over me/ The shadows cast...

Popular Posts