The Valley

Just because I write and speak on God
Doesn't mean that I'm not imperfect
That I have no flaws and made my no mistakes...
I went from having many friends to being
By the lakes and parks and trees with cigarettes and coffee. I smoked a bit of Green Hash and sniffed some Caine...
I never dealt it or with so many things...
I thought I was okay... My mind wanders as I wandered through the valley.. my back side was so chapped.. I needed to retreat... I haven't done much... I haven't gone through the alley... I haven't lived very much... Yet, to Sapphie I am Sally... To Ayka I am a lost cause and to Tony and Brett I am a comedy of tragedy....  My mind wanders as I give up... My pen is not steady... What might have been... What could happen... What could have been...
I've not been down that road. I've not been to the alley. I'm still here reminiscing a bit in the big steep lonely green ramshackle little valley. I'm all alone here in the valley..
God please won't you throw me a bone...
To the mangy beast that is me... But I realize I don't hunger for shards and slivers of selfishness. I am with here with you in the valley.

Popular Posts