Song for the lonely

Have I stated so much 
You can not bear to hear me sing
Have I waited too long 
Dreaming of what might could have been
Don't cry for me Agapoula
I won't give up on you 
Even if we never speak
I won't seek you out
You were my first crush 
I kept all my promises to you
I haven't forgotten your elegant way
I promise to try to forget all this
I'm going on my way
I'll never be round here too long
For us to ever meet or ever speak
And I state this too much
I'll try not to sing
Or write 
Or rhyme
Or be mediocre
Or be melancholy
Or depressed or manic
Or live in regret
That I met you
But our bodies will never sing
This is a song for the lonely
I don't know what's come over me
I won't be round here tomorrow
Our bodies will never sing
I will carry on with sorrow
With what might could have been

Popular Posts