The Lost Boys

The Lost Boys was on my screen...
Last night and I was totally elated...
At first I wanted to go into that comic shop
Then I wanted to live in Santa Clara
Then I wanted to be a platinum blonde
Then I wanted to be a vampire
Then I wanted to be on stage or a sax
And have sex with all that muscle 
Then I fell in love with Michael
And then wanted to be "Star"
Or Jamie Gertz
I wanted it so bad 
I wanted it Fabu until it hurts
But I didn't trust any bitch
I didn't take a sip of blood
I wasn't a lost boy after all
And Grandpa didn't give me a stuffed owl
But that poster of Rob Lowe has always
Been in the back of mind
I guess I'm not that lost
Considering the master vampire died
Everything returned to normal
And I'm not jumping through a TV portal
Electric shock and poofy hair
Mowhawks
Red lips and fangs 
Dangling earrings and come hither stares
It was just so great to see
The boy in me is still alive
And I felt like I was in 1980



Popular Posts