back to me

Letters wither by my windowpane
And silence masks atrusive pain
But i don't stand back
I save my letters and I get something back

Vowels and decimals
By decibel and volumes
Of abstract plastic tracks 
By the roar of the fire

But I don't stand back...

I step outside 
On to the pavement cracks 
I take one step forward
And two steps back

I save them all
I get something back

I can't give in to trashy ideas
That pollute my earth
 And I must recycle the things 
That are alive with plentiful bearing fruit

And it feels so good 

I light the candle 
And make sculpture

Have longed for something so pure

Complicated trade and skill and craft
Besides my poetry confessional witchcraft

I let go of misery
And my art has become my cute

I don't stand back
I save them all
And I get something back

Popular Posts