Something to talk about

Should it ever get better than this/
Remind me of this time/ 
Where I spent countless days and nights/
Hibernating in the winter/
And activating my heart and mind/
Filled by sweet emotion/
That has stood eventually thru out my time
....

I'm better- I'm better- I best be better-
And I'm bitter about this- I don't want/
To settle for mediocre meals/
Or bottle capped wine/
Somehow I want luxuries/ I can't afford/
But everyone says in due time/

Let's get it together/
I wear Versace and Gucci/
Prada and Balenciaga/
Valentino and a rare Chanel pin/
I wear Dries Van Noten/ 
And Jean Paul Gaultier/
Christian Dior/
And Yves Saint Laurent/
Custo Barcelona/ 
And Roberto Cavalli/
And besides all that/
Most folks are concerned with what I got/
....

They probably think I have an STD/
Or I'm loose as I once was fast/
And now I'm slow and calm and patient/
But it must be my meds/
For I am a mental patient/
And receive funds from the government/
I do this all and I still have yet to move/
From my bed or from my bath/
Or move forward with fluid steps in life/
But that is a lie/
I've done many things in my time/
If you would care to use your mind/
And most think I've done nothing/
But whatever/
I'll be just ok- fine, I'll be a lit bit better/
Some more/
But remind me of this time/
When I used my imagination/
Locked behind a door/
I may be better well suited/
For things I can care less about/
But at least I am trying to outlive/
The last thing I wrote/
And give you something to talk about.


Popular Posts