A Routine

Each and everyday I fall into a routine
Of bathing myself in hot water
After I have drank plenty of water
Read in my spare time
And paint my nails black 
I turn off all technology in the meantime
And paint my lips 
A Mediterranean coral color
I read Cavafy, Nin, and Neruda, and Rumi
Farewell My Concubine 
Memoirs of A Geisha 
Stardust
And various things 
I read books on Divinici, and Mattise, 
And Caravaggio, and Lempicka ,and Kahlo,
Keith Haring was a stone cold bitch, 
And Jean Michele Baptiste was sweet
Pierre et Gilles in all their brilliance
Create masterpieces
I dress myself fine 
And other times casually
I even ponder sometimes
My fleeting mortality
Then I turn to photographs
Like the ones by Guy Bourdin
I'm sure I'm living because I am elated
That I live with this sinful guilty pleasure
I turn on the stereo
And play Puccini's La Boheme
I am emotional again
I'm sure I am living almost as they did then
Artists that never quite reach their glory
And fulfill their dreams is music to a poet And secretly are his screams
So I go and swim again 
And this time upstream
And I have fallen into a routine

Popular Posts