The Grasshopper and me

Hello, hello
This must be some kind of vertigo
And it's clearer than anything
I've seen before
And the mirror
And the glass ceiling has been shattered
But I see something
And it's clear to me It's really just me
It's the man in the mirror
It's a beautiful day
It's the beautiful way
You make feel
So alive
I must change my ways
You make me feel the song in your heart
I am dainty yet heavy
I feel like a doll part
Like wood crafted by Guipetto
My nose will be all I see
With a grasshopper jumping on me
What happens when we are apart
Do I turn Disney
And draw and animate myself
You would never know my tossed salad
Drips of your whipped cream
Are you or I a chef
Or am I just hell bent on revealing every last bit of my minutiae
Or am I the DJ of your dreams
The sound of your sweet poem is all
I long to hear
Your sweet words are what I hold 
So dear
I'd rather crawl in a hole die
Without you by my side
I shed so many tears
When we are apart
I speak your name
God show me the way
I am near to the next best thing
But nothing compares to you
God show me the way

Popular Posts