The Fable of the Table of Food

It could cost two cents
Or anything at all
The life I've led is behind me
It could cost me sweat
Or sleepless nights
I fall to bed and blindly 
I tear up and cry
I don't understand 
What have I done with my life
I've wasted so much time and I can see
I make my way through the dark
And I try to survive
I may work to eat some bread
The life I've led is regretfully too painful
Sooner or later I'm just moving 
Towards a spoon of sugar for my coffee
And my tea
It is is life's little things
Simple things
Instead I look for more
Like some strawberry jam for bread.
I ask myself 
Why 
I just don't understand God's plan for me
It is a gift to me
And everything to me
It can be worthless
And I can surrender my desire for things
Pepper my rice
And use my scorn
Like a thorn
From a light pink rose
From my garden of sweet lure and fables
Write on store bought paper and pens
Atleast I have food on the oak table
That hasn't changed very much like most 
Things in my life
I welcome change
But I cherish and treasure the field mice 
That run through my garden
And all the little things that are free 
Like my faith and my worship
And my love for my country


Popular Posts