Space Oddity

All throughout my study
All throughout my search in time
All my collections of buddies and lovers
And my cosmic trips off wine 
And sour cocktails and cigars
I wonder where you are

All throughout my changes
All throughout my new births
All throughout my reincarnations
And the red & white carnations in the dirt
That belong in a vase from a galaxy
From outer space that I can return
Once I board my spaceship 
I feel like an alien
An immigrant on this Earth

I wonder where you are
I've traveled the desert
I've traveled the sea
And I still feel like a space oddity

The trob- the ache- the quake- the burn
The spasms that feel like currents
Of electricity and I search for one time 
Lovers that always hurt me
Perhaps I'll meet a diplomat
That won't hurt me 
That will give me real true love

But I still feel like a space oddity

Popular Posts