Skin

A lip color of berry and a chocolate eye/
Thin but pouty lips and sparse fluttery/
Lashes and a pointy bulbous nose/
With freckles that lay across it/ 
And lay under the eye and cheekbones/
With beauty marks/
And smooth sagging skin/
I wonder about my hair color/
And whose skin I'm living in/
I wonder what I will tie/
In my thin little mane/
How will I shave my face/ 
What change will I really make/
But I don't feel to strange in this skin/
I've gotten quite used to it/
I've picked it and certainly abused it/
I've treasured and cherished it/
I no longer confuse this/
I'm all spent/
And out of control/
But I think of myself as heaven sent/
Can't control my ego/
I'm finally comfortable/
I've misused the word I and too frequently/
No sense in grammar but I have never/ 
Had time for commas and punctuation/
I don't think of semi colons/
And only celebration/
I'm all spent/
And I have no money/
I'll change my lipstick to a soft honey/
I'll wear my colored contacts/
And take care of my skin/
I'll wear my blue iris fragrance/
With the warm and cool lingering woods/
I'll wear the finest silks and linens/
And all I because I could and can/
But when I hear things like this/
For which I usually can't stand/
For clothes and luxury do not make-
The man.



Popular Posts