Pop Art Poetry

It is not meant to be ghetto or hip/
Modern or trendy or the lastest fashion/
Art or a masterpiece/ Or preaching from
the pulpit/ It is not a masterful release/
Or testament/ Or a powerful fantastic beast/ Or a magicians illusion/ It is not a trick from the pony/ or the trash rifled street/ It is what it is/ And that is enough for me/ It is Pop Art Poetry/ My heart/ my beliefs/ My feelings and emotions/ My laughter/ My giggles/ Tributes/ My guffaw/ My thoughts/ And as disorganized/ As they are/ I truly do/ adore them/ and I include your own/ And my fondness of the ocean and nature/ Including your own/  My soul is in everything I do/ I sometimes/ tidy up/ Other times/ I'm purposely messy/ I'm a better writer/ than I once was/ We should know/ by now/ we are all crazy/ and made up/ of flesh and blood/ Now/ I am aging/ I am going/ where I have/ plenty of friends/
To Super Stars/ and My Super Hero X-Men
Perhaps Mayberry/ or a town/ I once lived in/ And I stare/ at a painting/of Marylin Monroe/ eating/ Campbell's tomato soup/
And Marylin Manson with a knife/ Trying to stab/ her glutes/ and her breasts/ Mon Baay-baaaay / And this is New/ Bon appetit/ I don't wish to rub your face in it/ It is Pop Art Poetry/ Should I cut/ or color/ my hair/ Make alterations/ Should I begin/ to kneel/ And pray/ All day/ Every day/ Should I/ cut off/ my ear/ One day/you will remember/ my suffering/ and at once/ someone will ask you/ how have suffered/ my dear/ or my sweet/ and to me/ that is/ only a very little/ comforting/ 
This is Pop Art Poetry/ It can be anything/  it wants to be/ It's like a metaphor/ for you to perceive as wish/ If it can be anything it wants to be/ So can you! 

Popular Posts