My cowboy way

Only sitting here and I write, write, write...
Another word... A means of communication to the outside blind and mighty world... I have been learning that freedom for the fallen is how you choose
To get up....Giddy up or Get down... Maybe some funk... Groovy attitudes... But I'm country drunk. I'm riding dirty... And I don't give up. I have been down but now I must get up. Only sitting here and I write, write, write, write. I'm in a different world. I'm in a different space. I dance the two step and square dance. In my cowboy way. I watch Red River and hit the saloon. I drank my bourbon and he slapped my thigh. I'm dancing with my country guy. I'm not all alone on this winding country road. I'm a soul singer and he won't let go of me.
In this land where I grew up on egg yolk and sugar. I'm a woke. Enough. I'm awake.
And I can say it feels much better to be plain old me on this country road.


Popular Posts