In my Pajamas

Everything I write is an I love you.
And Fuck you. This is what you really
have done to me. I can see clearly.
I haven't lost my mind. So there. 
What will become of me and the truth?
It's up to you. You can try to really love me.
You can try to accept my ill fated song.
My strong or weak poem of rhymes.
My unsuccessful attempts of creativity.
I will still keep singing my song to God.
I will still keep singing to all that will hear me. I will still keep singing my song. I'm not retiring. I will keep moving along. I reference pop culture. I'm not a vulture.
I am quite cultured. And this is where I belong- Singing my song. Telling my story.
Speaking of God's Glory and Mercy; when was last time you turned to Him. Or is when things happen to be just painful and just plain wrong. All of my up and downs.
All of my rubies and my crowns. Can't afford me a little piece of peace and time with Him. I can drape myself in a fur. I can wear a hat and dress like a pimp. And think I have the magic stick. Disco fever or Saturday Night. Sixties' blues and glib little Glitch. Doesn't replace happiness.
Everything I write is like a chant or prayer.
I do it in my pajamas. I'm almost there.
I'm almost finished and spent my time.
Praying to Him. I will not stop. I'm not giving in to your miseducation of me.
Or misunderstandings of me. I have something important to say. Don't you tell me to give in. Don't you tell me to stop.
Just let's my tears fall wherever they lay.
Down on my paper on my pen. I'm sharing.
My life. I'm caring. I refuse to give in.
I'm in my pajamas. And I can careless who you and what you are wearing. I wear my heart on my sleeve. And that is so much more daring.

Popular Posts