Battle Scars

The battle scars across my back
And along my thigh are usually bruises
That take far too long to heal
And scratch marks on my face and nose
That no one knows are under my makeup 
And false hyper enthusiasm and 
Optimistic joy hide the pain of a very, very
Extremely tired child like boy 
Who is going to explode 
And when that happens
One can never know or tell
What he'll do to them
The line has been drawn in the sand
And it has been made by man
And when the time comes for me 
To stand up I must remember
There is no such thing as revenge
For someone will punish them 
For what they do not understand
They are poor excuses for people
And one day I'll be far away 
Drinking an iced tea and rolling a cigarette
I'll jovial that there are no longer here
Drawing lines in the sand

Popular Posts