All you need

I'm a little bit folksy
I'm a little rock and roll
And a bit country
I am an American
Of proud Greek decent
And I am decent
My parents came to this country
I had to find my way through the gravel
And the pavement and wire fences
On the streets
I had to walk miles to have some fun
Past the weeds and the trees
Near the bakery
And I'm in control of myself
Now listen to this 
The rapture
The raspsody
I may be punk rock new wave disco fever
And rock and roll
I may be gay or straight 
You never know
I'm not that stranger than you
I'm not a stranger to you
All you have to do is be kind
You don't agree with what lives 
inside my mind
Be kind
We can choose to disagree
We can brawl and fight
We can be brothers
Love is the answer
All you have to do is be kind
Whatever to you and your misery
Whatever to you and your sense of tragedy
Whatever to you this is an I love you
Just take your medicine
What ever to you this is a fuck you
All you have to do is be kind
This is from my heart
One day we will be alright
One day we will be just fine
One day we'll hear the birds chirping 
Out our window
One day we will be off the streets
And for you to know
All you have to do is really be kind
Just take the time
Kindness don't cost a thing
When it's none of your business 
Or the popular thing
Will you take ownership of what you do
All you need to do is be kind
All you need is love
And to love
You must be kind


Popular Posts