Woke

Woke
Yolk
I cracked the shell
I'm gonna move on
Yo! I'm disgusted
Everytime he touches me
I'm sick to my stomach
I can't quite put my feelings to words
That eloquently or with the fervor
Of my feelings and emotions
I'm a sick sad human being
And no one understands me
I can't stand what I've grown accustomed
I don't know how to escape
I don't know how or what but just to leave
I can go but I don't know what is waiting
For me
Woke
Jokes
They've cracked my shell
And I'm too broke
Yo! I'm disgusted
I have to put up with all the sexual 
And physical abuse
Oh I'm so used to this
I wonder if I invite them
I'm tired of being touched
And my skin crawls like a roach or an ant
I can't even tell an uncle or an aunt
I'm used to it
I can't tell a cousin
They will just tell me, "You're crazy!"
I'm used to it
It is what it is
I can't escape my life
I'm used to it
So depression and madness
Is what is settling in to this life
I'm used to it 
I cannot play the victim
I know what is wrong with me
I have no where to go
And I can't let these things define me
I can't let them win
With these demonic things
I thank God
I'm not Hannibal Lector
Or a viscous monster
I thank God
For each day
But my days aren't looking better so far
I must pray harder and with more sincerity
I must let go of the illusion of what I know
So far I must pray to God
And take the steps while I'm wide awake
To get myself into safety
Before it's too late


Popular Posts