Dark Shadows

All I see/
Are dark shadows/
Glistening/
And reflecting the surrounding light/
Must be puppetry/
Or I follow my heart/
Into the distant light/
I will not become a monster/
I'm not for this Gaga shit/
I have humanity about me/
And civility and refinement/
And an amateur hardcore will/
I'm ready to fight/
You live for the applause/
I live for tribute/
To what I find beautiful/
I'm happy to be alive/
I will die another day/
You will be a corpse and truly decay/
I will meet my end as well/
I won't pretend/
I've done it well/
I'm on the mend/
I'm en vogue/
I'm coming back again/
I put one foot in front of the other/
I see the dark shadow vanish/
I will be okay/
I will make it through the rain/
I have my stamina/ 
And my fortitude/
I was once your fortress/
You couldn't refuse/
Instead you chose to abuse me/
And misuse me/
What will you choose/
You can be like them/
Or you can be you
It's not that hard/
To be you/
Or you can choose to be consumed
By dark shadows


Popular Posts