Accept Me 4 Me

Today is a new day
I'm an old, weird man
And I'm not that strange
And don't get me wrong
I have something to say
It's not too forbidden or taboo
But for you it might be
Because I really don't know you
We live in this world
And we must embrace it
Or create chaos in order to change it 
And as I casually walk to the park
I begin to wonder where I will start
I wonder will Sally and Joe Smith
Always be there complaining
About your every little blog entry or selfie
About every beautiful black ballerina, 
Who wants to become a scientist;
Or every Latina or Asian woman,
Who wants to be a philanthropist;
Where is our humanity;
We can no longer be ironic;
We can no longer be concerned about things; When there are women and children starving; And what about comfortably straight men who have no problem with anyone; turned into a minority; while they work a good job and and make their families a priority; Or your next door neighbor who beats his wife and kids; or that single working mom feeding her kids; We can no longer have a sense of humor; Or appreciate another culture;
Without someone's sensitivity, 
Or a lesson in Hooked On Phonics;
Or an "Etiquette for Dummies"
I'm intellectually curious;
I have varied interests and I read
I am human and also I do bleed
So do others and that's what I mean
What about the Native American people
And their lives;
What we have done to them; 
The stain on America
That doesn't come off with bleach 
And soap and what about slavery;
Africa is the birthplace of music 
And most people
They are a rich and poor people
With so much to contribute
But they are pigeon held by what you have
Become accustomed to
Because you don't recognize humans as human, what about females;
They are punished for making choices;
They are responsible for most of the world's economy; They are the ones buying things, and working somewhere or at home; They are the only ones who really vote; The politicians always get loud;
During every catastrophe;
But that's just me,
I know you are all wrapped up 
In controversy
But I do apologize 
I'm not always right
I try
Just accept me 4 me
Sometimes I am weak and sensitive
Sometimes I am strong
Sometimes I am wrong
I do love this great land 
That is America
I choose to live here
And that's why I'm saying this to ya
We must create chaos in order to change
This place 
We must be braced for what will happen 
To the face of Lady Liberty
We must embrace new ideas
We must coexist with every one
And that's how I see it 

Popular Posts