Little Prayer

I've been in dark places/ Pitch black with red sparks/ And yellow spots/ And thin crackled white lines/ I blurred the lines of my gender/ And sexuality/ I live celebate
And had a glimpse of happiness/ Now I've lost my friends/ And my lovers/ And my boyfriends/ I lost the love of my family/
This is like a little prayer/ I hope you can take me there/ I'm singing and praying/
I've fallen from the sky in my morbid dreams/ I've fallen from sky in the night and the morning/ I've been intoxicated with the supernatural and mourning/
I've been through depression/ And anxiety/ I'm schotzo-effective/ A bipolar type A personality/ I've been in dark places/ Few gloomy blue sparks and 
Florentine green/ I've seen Venetian pink and Royal blue and purple/ Too many things/ And many years have come to pass/ I don't see myself in the mirror/
I once was agile and now I'm weak/ This couldn't be more clearer/ And you best believe- I was a lonely hunter/ I would stalk my infatuations and lived my wildest dreams/ This is like a little prayer/ Please do heal me/ That I don't live in the past/
And through my circumstances/ I've learned to make better choices for the future. I can't live life in poverty/ There's more people unfortunate than myself/ I can go on/ But this war of social classes and knowledgeable exteriors have made me feel inferior/ I must have pride in myself and reacquaint myself with the person I see in the mirror.



Popular Posts