Adore this

The scales are melting 
And falling to the floor
My merman adventure is coming to an end
As the tide brings me closer to the shore
Sometimes I feel I like would drown
And other times I would feel I would swim
Or sink to the bottom and feel the floor
Throb 
I belong no more

The wings are injured
The feathers scatter 
Sometimes I feel like I can't take off
Other times I feel like I can fly 
And make it through another door
Sun shines
I feel I belong once more

My teeth grind against each other
My claws are sharp
And my whiskers are blonde and white
I'm not hungry this time
Then again I feel like I can feed
Off my natural primal instincts 
And I'll be free

My coat is shiny
And an interesting color
I have a love for old finer things I've worn
Come on take a look at me 
Tell me that I'm the one you adore

Popular Posts